Last updated: January 2018
When you consider buying a new mattress, you certainly want the best mattress you can find; something that gives you the right level of support and comfort and will last for years. The two most popular mattresses on the market today are the Nectar and the Casper. Both are bed-in-boxes, which means that they are delivered directly from the manufacturer to the consumer. While this certainly makes buying easier, it can be more difficult to decide which mattress best suits your needs. To find out, we offer you an overview and a comparison of the two.
The Nectar is one of the newest mattresses on the market and its popularity is growing rapidly. Together, the mattress manufacturers have more than 15 years of experience and, using the latest scientific research and sleep test data, have developed a mattress that offers great support and comfort. The nectar mattress has a universal feel, which means that it is designed to meet the needs of most people, regardless of their size or the position in which they want to sleep. The Nectar mattress consists of four different layers of high quality foam and is designed to refresh your sleep, relieve pressure points, support deep compression and keep your spine in the right position.
Mattress in silver nectar
This mattress was launched on the market in 2014 and quickly became one of the most popular mattresses on the market. Today it is still as popular as when it was first introduced. Based on extensive research and testing during sleep, and the use of high quality materials, Casper mattresses truly provide the comfort and support you need for restful, pain-free sleep. Like the Nectar mattress, Kasper has a universal feel, which means that it is designed to meet the needs of most sleeping bags, regardless of their weight or the position in which they like to sleep. Masterfully designed, expertly manufactured to the highest standards, it’s no wonder Casper mattresses are so popular.
Construction of each mattress
Before you buy a mattress, especially if it comes directly from the manufacturer, you want to make sure you have a good idea of the design. What for? – Because of the materials used in the mattress and the way it is constructed, it has a direct effect on the level of comfort and support it will provide. Because the construction is so important, we examined the construction of nectar and Casper mattresses.
Nectar mattress construction
The nectar mattress consists of four layers of foam and has a total thickness of 11 inches. Let’s take a look at the actual design of the different mattress layers:
- First step: The first layer of the nectar mattress consists of one inch of memory foam soaked in cooling gel. The memory foam provides a pleasant feeling of cuddling that quickly adapts to the contours of the body and the quilting effect gives this mattress topper an incomparable softness. The infusion of the cooling gel helps dissipate heat from your body so you can stay cool all night.
- Second step:Then a 1 inch layer of memory gel foam This layer provides extra comfort and cooling of the mattress. It adapts to the contours of the body, i.e. it supports where it is most needed. Just like the top layer, the cooling gel used in the second layer helps keep the mattress cool, which means you stay cool too. In addition, the open-cell technology used in the production of this mattress layer ensures better air circulation, which also helps to keep the sleeping area cool. In addition, the weight of the body is evenly distributed in this layer, which prevents the build-up of pressure in the body, which in turn counteracts the development of pain.
- Third level: This layer is made of 3-inch Hi-Core shape memory foam, a unique nectar material. This memory foam is specially designed to prevent sagging, i.e. you don’t feel like you’re trapped in a mattress, which many people with memory foam report. In addition, the Hi-Core memory foam offers even more support and comfort.
- Fourth layer:The last layer of the nectar mattress is made of 6 inch high density support foam that serves as a base for the upper layers. It also provides selective pressure relief, which also prevents pain. Due to the high density and the very breathable support foam, air can actually circulate through the mattress. The heat captured by the cooling gel is dissipated through this mattress layer.
- Cover! Cover! The entire mattress is covered with a cover made of a combination of cotton and Tencel. Cotton provides softness and breathability, while Tencel provides even more breathability. It also has resistant elements that help prevent bed degradation by parasites that can infect mattresses, such as bedbugs and mites.
See the nectar mattress
Casper Mattress construction
The Kasper mattress consists of four separate layers of foam, which together form a 9.5-inch thick bed. The current design of the Kasper mattress is as follows:
- First step: On top of the Casper mattress is a 1.5 inch layer of Dunlop synthetic latex foam. This material is considered for its cooling properties as it has very low heat storage and excellent air permeability. It’s a matrastopper that keeps you as cool as you sleep. The material also has a density of 3.3 pounds per cubic foot, giving it a pleasant bounce, but at the same time supporting the body.
- Second layer:Another layer of 1.5 inch memory foam. This layer is mainly responsible for the bedding. It adapts to the shape of your body and provides the right amount of support where you need it most. It also helps to reduce the build-up of pressure points, which means you won’t have the pain and discomfort of a conventional mattress. This mattress layer has a density of 4.0 pounds per cubic foot.
- Third layer:The following layer is a 1,5 inch layer of polyethylene foam. This layer facilitates the transition to the foam base layer, which further improves the support and comfort of the mattress. This mattress layer has a density of 2.5 pounds per cubic foot.
- Fourth layer:On the underside of the Casper mattress is a 5-inch layer of polypropylene. This layer serves as a base for the entire mattress, supports the three upper levels and helps to keep the mattress in shape. It also provides additional support to the sleeper by facilitating the accumulation of pressure points and providing support during deep compression. This polypropylene layer has a density of 1.8 pounds per cubic meter.
- Reference : Covers the entire mattress with a unique cover made of a combination of materials. The upper part of the hull is made of 100% polyester, the side walls are a combination of polyester and polypropylene and the lower part is a mixture of artificial stone, aramid and polyester. All these materials together form a very breathable, soft and extremely durable coating.
Hardness and support
Before buying a mattress, you also want to make sure that you are aware of the type of firmness and support it provides. Stability affects both comfort and support, and you want to make sure you buy the most comfortable and supportive mattress possible.
Look at the power and support of nectar and Casper mattresses.
We use a thickness scale from 1 to 10 to determine the resistance of a mattress. On this scale, 1 is the softest and 10 the most difficult. We give the Nectar mattress a score of 6.5 to 7 for its durability. It’s a little harder than a neutral mattress, which we think helps to increase the support it provides. We think most people will appreciate this hardness, but we think it may be too difficult for some, especially those looking for something softer or lighter.
In terms of comfort, we think the Nectar mattress is excellent. It is gentle but encouraging and really helps to reduce the build-up of pressure points. We also found that the cooling gel kept the mattress at a comfortable and even temperature and did not cause overheating. We were also impressed by the minimal transfer of movement we saw on the nectar of the mattress. You don’t have to worry about your partner moving around while you sleep.
On the same hardness scale from 1 to 10 we also set the Kasper mattress to 6.5 points. It’s designed to give a universal feel, and we think most people will appreciate its hardness, but for some it may seem too hard. We were also impressed by the support provided. This mattress provides deep support for compression and pressure point relief. It also helps to properly align the spine, which means you have less pain during sleep – if at all.
People sleep in different positions, which means that each person needs a different support in order to sleep as comfortably as possible. Look at the reviews for the three most popular sleeping positions – back, tummy and side – for the nectar and Casper mattress.
We expect the bedrooms to have a degree of elasticity of 6.5 to 7. This way you don’t feel trapped in a mattress, which is a problem that many rear bunkers have when the mattress is too soft. We also believe that this mattress provides excellent support and reduces the point pressure on the back.
Sleepers should be very happy with the nectar mattress, a layer of quilted gel really helps to fill, and a second layer of memory foam is great for weight loss and pressure relief.
The side guards are given a layer of padded gel and an additional top layer of memory foam to reduce pressure and even out the spine without excessive perspiration.
- Rear sleeping gauge:9.5/10
- Sleeping abdomen:9.5/10
- Sideslip counter:9.5/10
See the nectar mattress
We consider it to be an excellent mattress for rear beds because it provides excellent support and reduces pressure build-up, thus reducing pain.
Many belly sleepers must appreciate this mattress for its support and comfort. However, we think it is possible that some people who sleep on their stomachs find it too difficult, especially heavy consumers.
Many side rooms will like this mattress, but some will find it too firm. However, it also promotes the correct alignment of the spine and thus reduces the accumulation of pressure points.
- Rear sleeping meter: 8.75/10
- Sleeping belly:8.75/10
- Side slip counter:9/10
Nectar versus Kasper: Price comparison
- Nectar offers a night-time trial period of 365 , which is significantly longer than the industry standard of 100 days.
- Kasper offers a nightly trial period of 100 .
Warranty and refund
- Nectar offers a lifetime warranty and in the event of a manufacturing defect within the first five years, you will receive a full replacement free of charge. If defects are found after the first five years, the mattress will be replaced, but $100 shipping costs will be charged.
- Kasper offers a 10-year limited warranty for any damage to a mattress that manifests itself as a dent of more than one centimetre and that is not caused by the use of a mattress on the wrong surface; structural defects that cause the foam to crack or split; and defects in the zipper system of the cover.
Nectar mattress: Our rating is
Below you will find our final result on a Nectar mattress, based on different criteria we use to test all our mattresses.
Visit the nectar
Perforated mattresses: Our rating is
Below you will find our final evaluation of the Kasper mattress, based on a number of criteria that we use to test all our mattresses.
Which mattress should I buy?
Both the Nectar and Casper mattresses offer incredible comfort and support. Both are exceptional mattresses at affordable prices that meet the needs of most consumers. In addition, both have the same degree of hardness and the same sleeping position values. However, we believe that the nectar mattress is the best choice for most consumers because the quilted gel layer and the extra thickness make the mattress more attractive to a wider audience than Kasper. He also did much better on individual sleep posture tests. If you are looking for an affordable mattress that offers durability, comfort and support, the Nectar mattress is usually the only one for you.
Visit the nectar
For more information about mattress nectar, , click here.
nectar vs casper reddit,casper mattress reviews
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.